Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Solo Runner

There is just something about going out for a solo run that is somehow much more refreshing than running in a group. Don't get me wrong, I love running with other people when the time calls for it, but it feels cleansing to go on a solo run a few times a week.

I hadn't been able to get a solo run in for awhile given the way that my schedule fit with my boyfriend's schedule(a random aside: He has gone back to working nights which means it's more difficult to go for a run alone unless it is during the wee hours of the morning). Moving right along, I went running by myself yesterday afternoon because he had to testify in court and the whole proceeding ended up running late (no puns intended).

It felt great to get out there, to be able to run at my pace and not worry that it was too fast or too slow. It was warm enough to wear shorts, and that felt liberating as well. Basically yesterday's run epitomized why it is that I am a runner to begin with. To feel a sense of freedom that no other sport can lend you. With running it's all about you, all about whatever it is that you want to get out of the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment