Thursday, March 5, 2009

Las Vegas Vacation: Falling off the Fitness Wagon

This past weekend my boyfriend and I took our first trip together, to Vegas. It's the city of love, right?

While walking the strip I was drawn to a number of restaurants, all smartly posting their menus outside their respective entrances. So many delicious sounding foods. Then there were all of the dessert shops that I was lured into. All of their pastries, cakes, candies, and chocolates beckoning to me. While I did succumb to many temptations while walking The Strip, I made sure to incorporate extra calorie burning techniques wherever possible.

I raced up stairs instead of taking the escalators, every time we entered an elevator I did ten squats, watching the fountains at the Bellagio gave me a good excuse to do standing push-ups against the rail, waiting in the airport provided a good opportunity for tricep dips on my seat, and anytime was a good time for some isometric tummy moves.

While I may not have come out on top of the calorie consumption to calorie burning ratio, I still felt like I did better than most people while they're in Vegas. Going on vacations is always fun, and it gives me a good excuse to relax for a little while. The trick is ensuring that these vacations don't give me an excuse to slack off in my fitness routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment